During fiscal year 2018, the Bank approved US$84.3 million to Honduras in public and private sector operations. Of the total development interventions approved in the year, 52.5% (US$44.3 million) was distributed to the public sector and the remaining 47.5% (US$40.0 million) was distributed to the private sector.

Development interventions approved during the year were framed in the Strategic Axes of the 2015 – 2019 Institutional Strategy, with US$28.9 million for strengthening Social Development and US$55.4 million for improvement of the country’s Competitiveness.

In 2018, it can be seen that the disbursements granted for the different operations were mostly directed at the Strategic Axis of Competitiveness (US$123.4 million), which represents 60.3% of total disbursements; followed by the Strategic Axis of Social Development (US$48.9 million), which represents 23.9% of disbursements; as well as the Strategic Axis of Regional Integration (US$32.3 million), which received 15.8% of disbursements. 

With respect to disbursements by Focus Area, disbursements were mainly oriented at Productive Infrastructure, followed by the Area of Services for Competitiveness, Rural Development and the Environment, and Financial Intermediation and Development Finance. On a lesser scale, disbursements were made in the Areas of Energy and Human Development and Social Infrastructure.