The Central American Bank for Economic Integration (CABEI) is inviting applications for the selection of its Executive President, who is the highest ranking official in the Bank's Administration and its legal representative, and who serves for a term of five (5) years, and may be reelected only once. Under the direction of the Board of Directors, he/she shall conduct the Administration of the Bank by monitoring the resolutions and agreements of the Board of Governors and the Board of Directors, as well as the other provisions governing the Bank's activities, in order to comply with and enforce compliance with the Constitutive Agreement, the regulations, resolutions, agreements and decisions of the Board of Governors and the Board of Directors.
During his term of office, the Executive President-elect shall reside in the city of Tegucigalpa, Republic of Honduras, where the headquarters of the Institution is located
The requirements to be eligible for the position of Executive President are the following:
1. Be a national of one of CABEI's founding member countries: Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, or Costa Rica.
2. Be a person of recognized professional capacity, honesty and with at least 10 years of experience in management and executive positions in economic, financial, banking or development policy matters.
3. Be in the enjoyment and exercise of his/her civil rights.
4. Meet the profile of the position of Executive President. This profile includes, among others, a master's degree or a bachelor's or engineering degree, fluency in English, in-depth knowledge of the economic, social, and political situation and environment of the countries in which the Bank operates, and knowledge of the actors and personalities who manage the policies related to the Bank's activities.
Interested candidates can send their application to the following email, following the resume format below:
- Please do not send resumes by other means.
- The information, the analysis and evaluation of the candidates' curriculum vitae, will be handled by a firm of international prestige. Only the candidates with the best fit to the profile will be contacted by the firm in charge of the selection process.
- Closing date for receipt of applications: September 15, 2023, at 23:59 hours (Republic of Honduras time zone).
- CABEI invites applications from candidates of both genders and all eligible nationalities who meet the above requirements.
Other relevant information:
The following are impediments to be elected to the position of Executive President:
1. The Governors, the Directors, the Controller, and their spouses.
2. The relatives of the Governors, the Directors, the President or Executive Vice President and the Controller within the fourth degree of consanguinity or second degree of affinity.
3. Whoever, directly or through companies controlled by him or her, has failed to fulfil their contractual obligations with the Bank.
4. Persons who, having held any position in the Bank, have acted with willful intent or negligence, duly verified, to the detriment of the interests of the Institution.
5. The insolvent, the failed or the bankrupt, while they have not been reinstated and those who have pending bankruptcy lawsuits, as well as those who are absolutely or relatively incapable.
6. Those who have been convicted of crimes involving a lack of probity.
In addition, candidates must not be legally restricted from performing the duties of the Executive President and attending to the Bank's operations in its member countries.
Each applicant for this position must meet the requirements described above at the time of submitting his or her résumé as part of the corresponding competitive process and must not have any of the impediments listed above