CABEI denies information published in Costa Rica's La Nación newspaper
In an interview with a journalist of this media outlet, the Bank's Executive President clarifies false information published.
Tegucigalpa, September 8, 2021.- In view of the publication of false and inaccurate information in the newspaper La Nación of Costa Rica, the Central American Bank for Economic Integration informs the following:
- During his hospitalization, President Mossi was in a coma and was unable to seek medical attention personally.
- CABEI's Executive President did not receive US$140,000 for air ambulance expenses and transfer of family member during hospitalization for COVID-19.
- The amount approved for logistics management in the institution was US$22,785 thousand dollars, which was used for air transportation when the President woke up from his condition.
- The President's medical expenses were covered by his personal medical insurance.
- CABEI handles the health expenses of any employee in a confidential manner, therefore, what is stated in the alleged minutes mentioned by the newspaper is not official.